VOLKSWAGEN DIAGNOSTICS IN LINCOLN & COVENTRY
Worried that you may have a fault with your Volkswagen vehicle? Perhaps a warning or engine light has appeared on the dash or maybe your car just isn't running quite right? Diagnosing the problem can be a difficult and often frustrating task - one that requires high-tech equipment, experience and time. This is where the Dack Motor Group team can help.
Our technicians are Volkswagen specialists and have a wealth of experience with these models, making us the leading choice for VW diagnostics in Lincoln and Coventry. We have dealer level Volkswagen diagnostic equipment and trained technicians to identify any issues you may have.
What does a VW diagnostic check do?
During your diagnostic check, one of our professional qualified mechanics will examine your car to see if there are any faults. They will plug your vehicle into a specialised code reader. This diagnostic system can detect problems with your vehicle which can be challenging to spot manually. Once the testing is complete, we will advise you as to either what the issue is, or what is required to identify the issue.
The main components which are tested in a diagnostic check are the following:
- electronic control units (ECUs) - these control various element of the car and its performance including engine running
emissions and exhaust sensors
- braking system
- electrical components such as central door locking
- transmission if electronically controlled
- ignition coils
- throttle setting
- fuel injectors
- air flow and coolant
However, sometimes 'plugging it in' to the computer isn't enough. We therefore have a full toolkit of equipment that can help on top of years of expert diagnostic experience - such as smoke machines, oscilloscopes, multimeters, pressure gauges and more.
We will ensure your vehicle is safe to drive after our diagnostic check, giving you the peace of mind that you can drive your Volkswagen safely.
How do I know if I need a diagnostic check?
There are several signs which can indicate that your vehicle needs a diagnostic check. If you suspect that there is an issue with your car but don’t know what it could be, it would be a good idea to book a diagnostic check to find out what the problem is.
Some of the key signs on your Volkswagen could be:
- Engine warning light - if the engine warning light appears on your dashboard, it’s important to book in for a diagnostic check as soon as possible as there are a wide variety of problems which the light may be flagging up.
- Strange noises – any strange noises coming from your car need to be checked out before they turn into more serious problems.
- Smoke - if you see smoke or steam coming from under the bonnet, your vehicle may be overheating.
- Vibrating - if you notice any vibrating or pulling under your brake, the issue may be due to weak brake discs or pads. However, it could also indicate a problem with your suspension or steering.
Your Main Dealership Alternative
As a top rated Lincoln VW specialist, all of our repairs are carried out in accordance with the Volkswagen servicing specifications and schedules, using only genuine standard or original specification approved parts. Should you need any repair work done to your vehicle as a result of your diagnostic check, this will ensure that your vehicle warranty remains protected.
How Do I Book My Diagnostic Check?
We have a simple to use online booking system which can be used 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Simply input your registration number and follow the online booking procedure to book your Volkswagen in.
Alternatively, you can call us on 01522 535840 for Lincoln or 024 769 20999 for Coventry to speak to our team about the problems you may have with your vehicle.