Vehicle Hire FAQs

Frequently asked questions

Can I take a vehicle into Europe?

Dack Hire can offer European hires at very competitive rates. Please feel free to contact us for more information and rates via our Contact Us page.

Can I hire for a Saturday only?

Sorry, we do not offer a Saturday only hire. The weekend rate is from Friday evening at 5pm through to 8am Monday morning.

Can I add additional drivers?

You are able to add additional drivers onto the hire providing they meet requirements. There is a charge of £9.00 per day for each additional driver and they must be present on collection of the vehicle to sign the relevant individual driver forms. ID required remains the same too for additional drivers.

Are there any restrictions when hiring a vehicle

There are insurance and licence related restrictions when hiring a vehicle. The main conditions are:

Drivers must be between the ages of 25-70
MUST have held a full UK license for more than 2 years+ and MUST have no more than 6 points on your license.

Is there an excess on the vehicle?

Should the vehicle be returned with any damage, we are obliged by our insurance to charge the hirer the full insurance excess amount of £1,150, regardless of the extent of the damage. This is due to third party claims that often arise at a later date.

The potential liability can be reduced by purchasing an Insurance Waiver. By paying a collision damage waiver (CDW) the insurance excess can be reduced to £250. The daily rate for the CDW is £25. Weekly is £100 and across a weekend (Friday 5pm-Monday 8am) is £40.

Is there a mileage charge?

The hire rate includes 200 free miles a day and up to a maximum of 1000 miles per week. If in any circumstance the free miles limit is exceeded, mileage will be charged at a rate of 30p inc VAT per mile.

Do I need to pay a deposit?

A security deposit of £200 is required on every rental.

A security deposit of £1,150 is required on any rental over 4 weeks.

What do I need to bring when I collect my vehicle?

When collecting the vehicle you will be required to bring:

Full UK driving license
NI number and/or DVLA licence share code
Proof of address (tax bill, bank statement etc)
If you have the old style paper licence we will also require photographic ID, for example, a passport.

Sorry, we do not accept cash. All payments need to be made on a credit or debit card.