We have received a large number of questions from people who have MOTs booked and existing Van Rental arrangements.
We also have a number of commercial customers in the courier, transport and food networks, so we want to clarify our business arrangements and further measures we've taken over the past 24 hours.
> MOT BOOKINGS
As the DVSA have not formally changed the rules around MOTs, we want to reassure customers that we are still here to support you. We are committed to our existing bookings and will support those who have MOTs expiring over the coming weeks.
We will continue to monitor the latest legislation around MOTs and update you with any news and changes.
> VAN RENTALS
We are honouring the bookings we have in the diary already, but new bookings will only be for essential use by our commercial clients.
> EMERGENCY SERVICE & REPAIRS
Existing bookings will be honoured, unless the customer wishes to rearrange. Also, new bookings will be limited to emergency repairs, as we know some of our customers do work within essential industries.
Additional Measures We've Taken
Further measures we've put in place since our last correspondence:
- We are open 8.00 to 17.30 Monday to Friday only.
- We are operating a full contactless key drop process.
- We have reduced our on-site headcount by 75%.
- We have reduced our workshop by over 50%.
- We have closed our customer waiting area.
- We have closed our Car Sales dept.
- We have closed our Coachbuilding dept.
- We have stopped the collection & delivery service.
- We have stopped the use of loan cars.
We trust it goes without saying that we are taking this very seriously. We are conscious of allowing just enough support to help with the important and essential matters.
We will continue to communicate our status as the days unfold. Should it look like we need to close, then every effort will be made to get cars back to customers.