We use the Mercedes Star Diagnostic System
Concerned that you may have a fault with your Mercedes vehicle? Diagnosing the problem can be a difficult and often frustrating task, one that requires high-tech equipment, methodical thinking, experience and time. This is where the Dack Motor Group team can help.
Our technicians are Mercedes specialists and have a wealth of experience with these models, making us the leading choice for Mercedes diagnostics in Lincoln and Coventry. We have dealer level Mercedes diagnostic equipment and trained technicians to identify any issues you may have.
What does a Diagnostic Check do?
A Mercedes diagnostic check is carried out on your vehicle by one of our specialists, who will plug your vehicle into a specialised code reader. It can detect problems with your vehicle which can be challenging to spot manually.
The Main Components which are tested in a Diagnostic Check are the following:
- Electronic control units (ECUs) - these control various element of the car and its performance including engine running
emissions and exhaust sensors
- Braking system
- Electrical components such as central door locking
- Transmission if electronically controlled
- Ignition coils
- Throttle setting
- Fuel injectors
- Air flow and coolant
However, sometimes 'plugging it in' to the computer isn't enough. We therefore have a full toolkit of equipment that can help - such as smoke machines, oscilloscopes, multimeters, pressure gauges and more.
Additionally, we use the Mercedes Star diagnostic equipment as well as Autologic and other dealer level tools to help aid our diagnosis.
Once your diagostic check is complete, we will then advise you as to either what the issue is, or what is required to identify the issue.
What Does the Mercedes-Benz Star Diagnostic Tool Do?
The MB Star Diagnostic tool is a specialist hardware scanner which holds Xentry software that can diagnose and troubleshoot problems and clear fault codes on all Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
This allows our technicians to read and erase fault codes from any control unit in your Mercedes-Benz car. We can therefore troubleshoot any system or control system, activate any sensor in the car, stream live sensor data and read and clear fault codes.
With all of our specific diagnostic software, your Mercedes is in safe hands with Dack Motor Group.
How do I know if I need a Diagnostic Check?
There are several signs which can indicate that your vehicle needs a diagnostic check. Essentially, if you suspect that there is an issue with your car but don’t know what, you will probably want to book a diagnostic check to find out what the problem is.
Some of the Key Signs on your Mercedes are:
- Engine warning light - if the engine warning light appears on your dashboard, it’s important to book in for a Mercedes diagnostics check as soon as possible as there are a wide variety of problems which the light may be flagging up.
- Strange noises – any strange noises coming from your car need to be checked out before they turn into more serious problems.
- Smoke - if you see smoke or steam coming from under the bonnet, your vehicle may be overheating.
- Vibrating - if you notice any vibrating or pulling under your brake, the issue may be due to weak brake discs or pads. However, it could also indicate a problem with your suspension or steering.
How Do I Book My Vehicle In?
We have a simple to use online booking system which can be used 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. Simply input your registration number and follow the online booking procedure to book your Mercedes in.
Alternatively, you can call us on 01522 535840 for Lincoln or 024 769 20999 for Coventry, to speak to our team about the problems you may have with your vehicle.